• You do not need to burn your food
• The glowing embers produce the best source of heat because they act like a little oven
• Larger foods should be kept away from the fire so that they can cook slowly and evenly
• Keep a long stick by the coals so that you remember to spread the fire
• Spreading the fire ensures heat is evenly distributed around your food
I will highlight other cooking methods in this chapter, but whichever method you choose, there is no exciting experience like cooking your food in the woods over a well-built fire.