Pie Iron Main Dishes
• One slice Swiss cheese
• Two slices rye bread
• Two thin slices of corned beef
• Sauerkraut (drained)
Butter a piece of the bread slice and place it on your pie iron. Add one tablespoon sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and layer corned beef on that bread. Place the other slice on top and place in your pie iron. Heat for around 4-6 minutes until bread is toasted, making sure you turn often.
• Two cups of shredded cheese (any kind is
• Two tubes of eight refrigerated crescent rolls
• One pound of prepared taco meat
• Salsa, lettuce/sour cream (optional), tomatoes
Place each square (equal pieces) of unrolled crescent rolls into your pie iron. Add some of the shredded cheese and prepared taco meat on the square and top with another crescent roll square. Place in iron and heat for 3 minutes until crescent squares turn golden brown. If you want, garnish tomatoes, salsa, and lettuce/sour cream. Repeat this with the other ingredients.
MEAT AND CHEESE MELTS
• Two slices of Swiss or American cheese
• Four slices of deli style ham, turkey or
• Four slices of white bread
Make a sandwich by placing a single cheese slice on a slice of bread. Top with turkey or roast beef and two slices of ham. Top with the other slice and place in your pie iron. Close iron and hold over the flame for 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
GRILLED ROAST BEEF
• Salsa or Picante sauce (but this is optional)
• Ten slices of deli style roast beef
• Five slices Swiss cheese
• Ten slices rye bread
• One-tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Two tablespoon mayonnaise
• One can chopped green chilies (4 ounces),
Combine chopped green chilies, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Make a sandwich by placing a slice of Swiss cheese on the spread side of your slice of bread. Add two slices of beef and top with the other slice of bread. Place sandwich in pie iron and hold over flames for 3 minutes. If you want, serve with Picante sauce or salad. Repeat this with the remaining ingredients.