In This Course:
- Why and How Growing Your Own Food Benefits You
- An Introduction To Vertical Gardening Systems
- The Ultimate Guide to Composting in Confined Spaces
- How and What to Plant Base on Your Hardiness Zone
- Basic Gardening Skills, Tips and Tricks for the Urban Horticulturist
The In’s and Out’s of Up and Down Gardening
II. What is Vertical Gardening?
- What Are the Benefits of Growing Vertically?
- Are There Any Disadvantages to Vertical Gardening?
- What Can be Used to Create a Vertical Garden?
- When Growing Vertical it is Important to Be Creative in Your Planning
- PVC Pipe Vertical Garden: Construction Time 30 minutes - 1 hour
- Types of Plants that Thrive in Vertical Vegetable Gardens
- Where is it best to Grow Up?
- 5 key steps to help a garden Grow UP healthy:
III. Do you smell that... ?
- So what is composting anyway?
- Organic “Green” Matter:
- Bonus Tip, What Not to compost:
- Organic Brown Matter:
- OH NO!! There are bugs in my compost?!
- Do It Yourself Compost Bin Ideas:
- Java Compost
- Storage bin compost/ Worm Farm
- Is it done yet?
- Composting is hard… and it would take me forever to make enough to use…
- 75 things you wouldn’t think to compost:
V. Green Thumb 101:
- Step #1: Gather Your Gear
- Step #2: Choose Where To Start
- Step #3: Prepare Your Soil
- Proper Drainage:
- Soil Testing
- Altering pH Levels
- Texture Checkup
- What your Soil Texture Test Results Mean
- Testing Drainage
- Dandelions on the prowl: Listen to Your Weeds
- Step #4 Know what to Grow
- Step #5: Ready, Set, Grow!